Roleplay Haven

A site with everything Roleplay. RP all your favorite styles and all your favorite animes. There are no limits here but the sky.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

[ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Areawin

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:35 pm

December 7th
I heard screaming. Father didn't believe me. I knew what it was. What was out there. What no one could possibly comprehend as anything but a myth; something that was taught when being just a child. I knew. And they will never understand.

So why do I bother? I ask myself, every day. Why do I keep telling them I hear them screaming? I just got out of the hospital exactly one week ago. It was traumatizing. And it wasn't fair.

The people there don't treat you badly. You got three square meals a day. Some place to sleep. But it was too bright. I couldn't stand it. The light nearly burned me. And I knew it wasn't normal. But who was I? I wasn't normal. No one was in that place.

It reaked. It stunk of fear. Of confusion. Of chemicals. The ones they drugged you with so they could ensure your stay there; to keep telling others that you were still crazy. But I wasn't. I wasn't crazy. They were insane, for not believing me. It's too bad I know that I will never prove it to them. I have to go. The light... it's burning me again.

December 9thTwo days. A week and two days. Still, I hear screaming. I was in that place for so long. But now it's dark. The screaming doesn't happen during the day. Only at night. When they come out. When something eats at my insides, and tells me what to do. I can't control it. I have to eat. Something.

December 10th
I can't remember what I did last night. I don't even remember making the last entry. And I'm beginning to wonder why. I was so tired today. As soon as the sun began to rise, I felt... tired. So sleepy. It's summer. It happened on the last day of school. On graduation. So I slept today. It's night again now. The screaming is louder. How can father not hear it? It's so painful. I want to mourn. But it makes me hungry. Again. I don't crave food as much. Not cooked, anyway. Just meat. Raw. It's so... good. Bloody. Delicious. It's better than anything I've ever had.

I know it's wrong to eat the meat. Every time I walk by the butchers, I quiver. I feel it. What the scent does to me. And it scares me. I hear voices. In my head every night. Every time I'm hungry. They soothe me. They tell me that it's okay to feel scared. To drink the blood. The screams are being choked off now. I can hear the blood gurgle in their throats. I'm so hungry.

December 24th
I'm sitting underneath the tree that now hangs over my father's freshly dug grave. The funeral ended nearly an hour ago. I don't know what happened. I was just so thirsty. The screaming wouldn't stop. I screamed back. Father... he tried to help. Everything overwhelmed me. When I woke, my face was bloody. There were holes in his neck. Blood on his clothes, on the floor. He was so pale. But he was still alive. I saw his eyes. So sad as he looked at me. His hand reached up. It brushed against my cheek; I felt the slight warmth of his caloused palm against my skin for the last time. And then he was still. I heard it. His heart. It stopped beating. I have no one now. I'm lost.

Lauralei closed her tattered journal. It was so old; tears spilled onto it's crumpled and torn pages. It was two hundred years old, with a leather cover that was so faded and withered, she could hardly tell it was the same one. Her elegant script was very legible on the paper, though. The vampiress was on her knees, a floorboard laying out of place next to her. Nearly two hundred years ago, she placed the journal within the ancient floor of the mansion that she resided in. Her family had been rich, and quite powerful, but they weren't like most of the richer families. They took to the peasants and beggars more than anyone else. Especially Lauralei. She would help anyone in need, even if it included endangering herself.

The vampiress sighed heavily, and put the floorboard back silently. When she got up, though, and took a step, it creaked and groaned. She hadn't put it back right. With a wince, she bent down to adjust it, and headed out of the room, then down the stairs. When she got there, she looked around. The house hadn't changed much. New furniture, and paint. Plus, someone lived in there now. Someone new. There was always someone new. She ended up scaring them off. Sounds in the house, but they could never find out where they came from.

The family that resided there wasn't a big one. A male in his early twenties, and a few of his relatives. She had accidentally pondered on him once, while he was sleeping. He was in the room she used to sleep in. Of course it was changed, like everything else within the house. The scent of roses and gardenias faded from the walls. The baby-blue walls, with tinted and faded patches of a pinkish-purple, was replaced with a new color. Posters decorated the walls, and a large, comfy-looking bed occupied the corner. The comforting atmosphere of the room, however, had never changed. For her, at least. She sat there and stared at the window for hours, until she began to sense the male stirring, and she would quickly and silently slip out of the house to take cover from daylight.

The sun's rays didn't kill her, but it burned if she was out too long. Just ten minutes gave her a burn, but it healed within a few hours. She always wore a cloak, from the finest-made silk known to man even now, two hundred years later. It was made by her mother's hands. The woman had died giving birth to Lauralei. Lauralei's father was traumatized, but as he raised his new daughter, he tried desperately to keep his emotions secure, and secret. Heartbreak made him constantly weak, though, from losing his love. Lauralei had gotten used to it -- just like she got used to everything else.

Instead of heading towards the grand, ancient front door, she went back up a different set of stairs, towards her old room. Stepping inside, a very small smile touched her lips, and she went over and sat in the window seat, staring up at the nearly full moon. It's creamy light filtered into the room, but the man's bed was shaded; in the corner where the moonlight just stopped. It's light seemed to dance, and Lauralei leaned her head against the window, sighing softly and letting her eyes fall shut.

Her eyelids suddenly snapped open, wide. The sky was lightening, turning a pink-orange color in the dawn. She heard breathing too close, and too abnormal for anyone to still be asleep... and her amazingly gentle purple hues shifted towards the male who was standing just a few feet away from her, staring at her with slightly dazed eyes, that were slowly filling with comprehension. To any human, Lauralei could easily look like a goddess, or an angel. Her clothing brought out every good feature she had, and she cursed softly, standing and practically disappearing from the room, she was so quick and quiet. As soon as she got to the door, though, she heard footsteps thumping heavily on the stairs, quite fast. Just as her hand flung to the doorhandle, she heard a male voice say, in a slightly startled, though curious manner, "Wait!" She flinched, and slowly turned, keeping her back to the door with her fingers curled around the handle, ready to dart from the house.

She hadn't realized she had fallen asleep in the room. The quiet, though, and the comfort, had been so soothing... plus, there was the fact that she hadn't gotten any good sleep in several days. It was hard on her. Her eyes were quite cautious as she stared at him, wanting to leave. He couldn't know what she was. She couldn't risk losing control. In over a hundred years, she had kept herself from attacking anyone else. The image of her father's eyes filled her mind, but she forcefully pushed them away, refusing to speak to the man who stood in front of her, who was only a year or two, at the most three years, older than her. Her voice was like honey-velvet, and she was already hesitant enough to look him in the face. The journal she had wrote in during and before her blood began to re-adjust to something different -- a creature of the night; a vampire -- was clutched to her chest with her free hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Areawin

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:45 pm

X.X jynx, every time I go to post up a reply, to put the rest of the RP on here, it screws up. I've been trying for the past hour and it's not fucking working. Ttyl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jynx
Admin

Number of posts : 346
Location : Somewhere. Not quite sure where yet. But it's dark ^_^

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:50 pm

Lauralei molded herself even more tightly against the door when the man took another step towards her, violet hues dancing with caution. She had just made a huge mistake, by letting her weakness take hold. By falling asleep, she completely endangered herself -- the world, against her, and anyone that might want to take her life in the process. His questions brought her back into slight reality, frowning at him, her forhead creasing a tiny bit. "Anyone can get in here," she snapped, voice low; dangerous. Afterwards, though, her face seemed to crumple. She was still tired, and her will was weak. Nothing said anything dangerous, or threatening, about this man.

Low shouts were heard outside, dogs snarling and snapping at a distance. The hairs on Lauralei's neck and arms stood on end, breath catching in her throat, turning on her heel and locking the three enormous locks that were on the door. It had been a very similar situation shortly after her father had died, so many years ago. Hunters. Even now, two hundred years later, they were after her. Generations tracked her, blaming her for deaths that she didn't cause. The vampiric world was nothing more than myths now. Of course, when Lauralei's new form had taken over, they were the same, but now, vampirism was nearly an obsession. Teenagers and young adults, even some older ones, went to clubs to drink fake or real blood, have their teeth sharpened, avoid sunlight, and refuse to eat garlic. It was sick, in Lauralei's eyes. She couldn't stand how they didn't seem to understand what kind of pain they would go through if it actually happened to them. What kind of suffering they would have to endure, just to become their dark fantasies. Her stomach churned.

The shouts were becoming louder, closer. Anyone could tell that the dogs were being very tightly restrained. -They found me in the only place I never wanted them to realize I visit.- Her thoughts were pained, gazing around slowly at the inside entrance of the mansion, still facing the door, though standing a foot or so away from it. She knew that Tristan was still there, but her thoughts were moving much too quickly to truly notice him until he became a danger to her. She jumped slightly when a gunshot fired, sounding extraordinarily close -- they had gotten past the front wrought iron gates and were heading up the path. -No. They can't know where I rest.- She disappeared once more, coming to her old bedroom, gazing out of the window and to the far, low right, where about ten men and several large, ferocious-looking dogs disappeared as they moved past the spot where she could see them at. Once more, she disappeared -- reappearing where she was standing in the front room, just moments before. She didn't know what to do.

When wood flew past her face, in perfect timing with a loud ringing sound, did each and every thought finally click into place. They were at the door, with guns, dogs, and other weapons. They outnumbered, and they had found her, in the home that she cherished so. There was one problem, though: this human male, and his occupants inside of the mansion. Surely they had woken from the noise, but if not, all the better for them. The less that died that night, the better for everyone. Lauralei just didn't know which side was going to shed blood first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://roleplayinghaven.rpg-guild.org
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:51 pm

Tristan stopped in his tracks, looking at the young woman with shocked eyes. She looked so scared. She looked as if everyone in the world was her enemy. "I won't hurt you. I swear." He said, shaking his head softly, his golden hair moving gently against his face in its movement. He looked at her once more, his eyes soft and caring. There was something about this female, something that drew him to her. Was it her angelic features? Was it the mysterious air that circled around her? He wasn't completely sure. What he was sure about was the fact that she was different... And alone. Just like himself. He had to prove to her that he wouldn't hurt her. He had to prove to her that he was the same as her, at least in his eyes. Tristan heard it as well. Though he had more than likely not heard it as soon as she had, he had at least heard it. The barking. The men talking in harsh and angry tones. They were looking for someone. But who? Why would they be here at his home? What was here that they could possibly be looking for? But Tristan's attention was grabbed by the sounds of the locks on the door clicking. His eyes shot to her as he watched her in alarm as she locked the door in pure fear. He was
shocked once again to see her move so quickly, as if she knew exactly what she was doing. As if she knew where everything was in the house. It was strange for him to watch this complete stranger act as if she herself had lived in this house as well. She knew everything about it. She knew exactly how to lock the door, even that cursed middle lock that you had to position just right to make it work. Was it just luck that she had gotten it on the first try? Impossible. Out of the four years that he had lived inside of that house, he himself couldn't get that lucky with that stupid old lock.

Tristan heard the shouts getting louder. Now it was as if they were in his very own front yard. What was going on? She seemed to know more about what was really happening than he himself knew. It was awfully strange that this young woman was acting in such a way. But now was not the time to stand around and to think. Now was the time to act. Who ever was coming, they were after her. This much he was positive. It was apparent that she even knew they were after her, seeing as how she was acting. "Who are you?" He tried to ask again, but half way through his sentance, she disappeared. Tristan looked around him, shocked that she had moved so quickly again. And when he looked back at the door, she was there once again, standing there as if she had never moved. "They're after you, aren't they?" He asked. Tristan scratched his head. "Trust me. Ok. I wont hurt you." He said as he moved ever so closer to her. Soon he was standing just infront of her. And when Tristan reached out to take her hand in his, all the bad things that could have happened, did. The door burst from the shot. Wood sprayed past his own face. Without thinking, he grabbed the young woman by the hand and pulled her to him. "Come on." He said, pulling her along after him. He could only hope that she wouldn't resist. "I don't know what to do. All I can think to do is play stupid." He said. Pulling her behind him, he rushed up the stairs. Soon, they were pushing through a large oak door and into a rather nice looking bedroom.

Meghan shot up from her sitting spot on the bed. "Tristan! What was that loud noise! It woke me up and I..." She said, but she suddenly stopped when she saw the young woman that Tristan was toting with her. "Who is that?" She asked, looking at the woman curiously. "She is my cousin. She came to me in need of help. There are some men after her. I'm not sure if they know exactly what she looks like but I need you to keep her in here." He said quickly. "Just make her look sick. Put her in bed. Do whatever you have to to make it look like she's normal!" The words caught Meghan's attention. "Normal? Why
wouldn't she look normal?" But before he could answer, Tristan was out the door and rushing back down the stairs. Meghan looked at the young woman. "Come on. Get into bed. Make yourself look sick. I don't care if you have to play dead. Tristan will take care of the rest... I hope." She said, looking at the young woman and waiting to see what she would do.

((OoC - Yup totally didn't know what else to do lol.))
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:54 pm

Lauralei was in a slight daze when she felt someone tugging her away from the door, looking up to see golden hair brush against her forehead, stumbling along next to Tristan, catching her footing and regaining her balance after mere seconds from realizing what was going on once more. She didn't answer his question, seeming to choke on her own breath when they entered another room, one she was also very familiar with; it had been the main guest room. Not much had changed about this one, except the paint. The old dresser and dressing table was still there, the bed was different; it was larger now, and the window let the dim morning light wash against the carpet on the inside, a soft, slightly pained sound escaping the girl's throat when a ray from the golden orb outside touched her flesh. Not but a second later, she was being pulled deeper into the room, towards the bed there. And then the arms that were holding her were gone, not really understanding much that was being said. Numbly, she slid into the bed, wide purple pools gazing at the door fearfully. It would be impossible to 'play dead' with the men just outside of the main door. She wasn't even sure if she could relax enough to pull off being sick. She was pale, though, and sweaty from the sudden mass of panic that caused her adrenaline to pump so harshly against her skin, she thought she could see her veins throbbing. "Fool." It was her only word, and it was high-pitched, but soft. Tristan, he said his name was. The man was, indeed, a fool, for going back to encounter the men again. From what she knew of the hunters, they wouldn't hesitate to kill, so long as they got their original prize.

The door was still standing, but a fairly large chunk of wood was no longer in tact. The beautiful solid oak doors that had been there for so long, were now damaged. It was a shame to see something so deeply a part of the house become damaged like it was, and more violence was already being placed upon it. Pieces of wood kept flying, no more gunshots being heard, but large knives and small axes cutting through the jagged hole. They got it big enough for a few of the dogs to slip through, without their owners, and immidiately they set out to search -- one stopping to snarl at the bottom of the stairs, the other two sniffing around where Lauralei had been inside the main room, following her trail. The men kept hacking at the door, trying to make a hole big enough for them to fit through. The locks weren't coming undone. They were iron, and built directly into the door, like veins. An axe had already broken from where they had hit an iron piece of the lock, one of the fingers that stretched out along the inside of the wood. The metal was hardly even scratched from the impact.
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:57 pm

Tristan's eyes widened as he stared at the door infront of him. It was angering and upsetting to see the beautiful door torn to pieces right there infront of him. It was even more angering that these people would break into a house in such a way that it made them look like nothing more than common thieves. Tristan looked around him, his eyes swimming over everything in the room around him as he breathed carefully. The dogs piled into his house, sniffing around for something that was out of sight. Tristan thought slowly as he tried to figure out what to do. His eyes turned to the door as the axe broke. Then he thought of something. He ran up the stairs, pushing into the room where Meghan and the young woman were. "Switch clothes. Do it quickly. When you're done I want you to run down the stairs and out the back door. Make the dogs follow you Meghan. Go to the lake. Jump in. I'll send Erik to get you in the car with fresh clothes." He said qquickly before walking back out the door. "I know you can run fast Meghan. Do this for me..." He said softly, looking at her once more before going back outside the door.

Meghan was shocked. She didn't know what to think. It wasn't until she heard the dogs barking downstairs that she knew what Tristan was trying to do. Make them follow her scent somewhere else. "I hope this works." She said as she started to strip down out of her clothes. She looked over at the young woman and growled. "You heard him. Strip girl. He knows all too well what he is talking about. He is going to have me take your scent somewhere else so he can take you away from here. We're about the same size. You can wear my clothes. If anyone asks, you are his sister." She said before picking up a bottle perfume and throwing it down on the clothes beside the young woman. "Spray that on you. It's got rosemary in it. It always throws off the scent for bloodhounds." She said, smiling at the girl. "You may think we're fools, but we know what we're doing. Trust us." She said, looking at her and waiting to see if she would listen.

Tristan stood outside of the bedroom, looking in every dircetion. He knew that it would only be a matter of time before the men downstairs were able to get the door unlocked, or even just get through the already smashed up door. It was pointless to care anymore. He had bigger things to worry about. LIke the safety of himself and Meghan. The safety of the strange young woman as well.
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:00 pm

Lauralei did as she was told, not allowing the young girl addressed as Meghan take her cloak. Out of all of her things, she forbid her cloak get any sort of abuse to it, unless it was on her. It was how she stayed safe. She wrapped it in a sheet from the bed, to hide the scent completely, and shoved it in a closet, covering it up with some other clothes and turning away, placing on Meghan's clothes and spraying the perfume on her. A low snarl rose from her throat as her nose burned, her lungs swelled, as if rejecting the scent. For a second, she held her breath, walking to the other side of the room to breathe. The smell was still strong. It wasn't necissarily bad, but with her sensitive smell, it was too much, and was rather intoxicating. It wasn't but another second later before she stepped outside, looking up at Tristan. She was perhaps a whole two or three inches shorter than him.

"They already know my name, my face, my scent, and my history. With a simple change of clothes and smell, it won't fool them -- they know my face. Do you know anyone else with..." She seemed to glare at the oddly colored strands of hair that spilled like woven silk from her scalp. "With this color hair?" What amazed so many people, is that it was naturally like that -- and no one, not even she, herself -- knew why. She'd researched her history, looked at her background... nothing showed anything that would cause that sort of effect. Her hair, though, before being turned, was a silvery color -- almost blue. Only when the vampiric venom had tainted her veins had her hair begin to start changing color.

The dog that had been on the bottom of the stairs now bolted up, snarling, saliva flying from its mouth. Lauralei's teeth pulled back over perfect, pearl-white fangs, just over an inch in length. They got longer the more aggressive she got, and if one was looking at them, they could see them slowly, millimeter by millimeter, inch out of her gums. An inhuman snarl rose from her throat, crouching down just slightly, and the dog stopped halfway on the stair, letting out a low whine before it began to frantically bark. The bark of a dog that had found the prey.

Downstairs, the men heard the dog, and they noticed that the two females out of the canines that went inside, were laying down calmly on the floor. They were older, having seen much more gruesome slaughter that vampires had caused the dogs that were usually used to track down the chase. Lauralei hated to rid of the dogs in such a way, but when they were giving away her location, it was necessary to her survival. The slightly older female dogs downstairs knew what would end up happening to the teenage male canine on the stairs, if he didn't stop barking within the minute. The men, however, were cutting at the wood and iron more furiously, one now working at the lock, trying to pick it. He got the first one, moved to the middle one, and frowned, yanking on it this way and that while trying to unlock it, but it wouldn't work. Giving up, he went to the last one -- taking care of that one quite easily, then moving back up to the middle one again, which didn't seem to want to budge.
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:02 pm

Meghan just stared at her. She had heard stories about people like the woman in front of her. She had heard of their ways and the things that they did. "You're not really his cousin... are you?" She asked as she stared at the woman. "Forget it. They know who you are. They'll just kill us all because you're here!" She shouted, shaking her head. Meghan was always the one to overreact. She had always been the short tempered one that spoke harskly to everyone... Everyone that was except for Tristan. To him, she look looked up to. He was the big brother she never had.

"Meghan run! We'll take care of all this!" Tristan shouted as he ran back into the girl's room. His idea had been trashed. Now there was only one thing left to do. "All we need to do is to get rid of the dogs. The men are stuck at the door. That middle lock is stopping them." It was at that moment that Tristan was glad that he had never gotten around to fixing the cursed thing. That single lock was all that was saving them right now. "But Master Tristan! Your condition!" Meghan shouted, shaking her head frantically at the young mans words. But Tristan ignored her and waved his hand. "Get out of here now!"
He said one last time. He knew that if they didn't act quickly that his condition wouldn't matter at all. He would be dead anyways. His eyes then shot to the young woman as he heard the low and threatening snarl come from inside of her throat. He couldn't help but to stare at her. That beautiful angel he had first seen was gone, replaced by a monster with teeth as sharp as razors. Meghan took one last look at the young woman, then looked at Tristan. "Come with me..." She said, knowing that there would be no use in her words. She then sighed and turned on her heels. Lifting her own cloak from the chair next to the door, she wrapped it around herself and pulled the hood up over her head. "Always so stubborn. I'll see you soon." Tristan said to her before she ran out the door and down the stairs. In no more than a few moments, Meghan was pushing through the back door of the house and running quickly across the yard, not once looking back.

Tristan grabbed the young woman by the hand once more. "Come on. We have to get to my room. I have a few guns in there." He said, pulling her along past the dog, giving him a sharp kick in the jowls to push him back from them. Tristan pulled her quickly behind him, down the halls and finally through the last door in the hall. The room was calming, it made all of what was happening seem like a dream. "You tell me what we should do. It seems to me that you know more about what's going on that I ever will." He said to her as he dropped her wrist and dove into a closet. He rummaged and soon brought out two large cases. He moved them to the bed and dropped them, immediately opening the first of them. A 12
gauge shotgun sat there, looking as if it had never been used. It had been bought for him as a gift a few years back. A relative of his had sent it to him from another country. He was a collector of sorts, though this item never caught his attention. "You're lucky my uncle taought me how to shoot when I was younger." He said as he loaded the gun and put extra shells in his pocket. "What do we do?" He asked again, looking at her.

((OoC - *accidentally shoots meghan* Oops. Darn... she died -.- Lol))
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:03 pm

Lauralei very nearly snapped at Tristan when he had once again grabbed her wrist. She didn't appreciate him dragging her everywhere, and stumbled in the other girl's clothing, it being silghtly too large for her delicately small form. "What do you mean, what do we do?" Her voice was frantic; pained. "It isn't exactly a situation filled with much mercy." Anotherwords, it was either kill or be killed. It was the only way that she had to survive. Or.. run. And she was in her safe zone, her territory. She refused to run when she was here. It wasn't in her nature, and it wasn't about to be there now.

The dog on the stairs had yelped slightly when it had been kicked, and moved down the stairs, watching Meghan run out the back door. The other two had also seen her, and the chase was on -- the dogs barrelling towards the girl, knowing that she was human, but following the scent of Lauralei. At the dogs diverted attention, the men left the door alone, and made their way around the side of the house. "Your friend is going to die if she stays outside..." Gunshots were fired. The dogs barking seemed to cease a little. She wasn't sure if the deed was done or not, but things had calmed just the slightest bit. It was so stupid of her to come there, but there was nothing that she could do now.

She left the room that Tristan was in, wondering what kind of condition he had. Her feet were practically silent as they hit each step on the stairs, and moved out the back door, stepping out of the mansion within seconds from leaving the room inside. The men weren't too far away, she could still see every one of their faces, but she was in a shadow. The sun was on the other side of the house; light not reaching this part yet, and it made her safe, ducking around behind a bush to watch what was going on. The bullets were made out of the one thing she was sadly allergic to -- silver.
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:05 pm

Meghan ran as fast as she could. But as she ran, she knew that this was the end. She knew that her time had come. Something deep down inside of her screamed for her to turn around, but she knew that if she did, she would just be killed sooner. She knew that the dogs were following her, she could hear them. She could hear the men following after their dogs. And in her last few moments of her flightened life, everything passed before her. Her childhood as an orphan. The day that Tristan had saved her from being killed by a gang of men. The day that she had began working for Tristan in order to repay her debt to him. But she knew there was only one way to repay that debt, and that is why she was so quick to do what he had asked of her. That was why she had run, knowning that it would only bring her death. And she was right. The sound came echoing through the morning air. A gunshot, one that echoed in her ears, even after she crumbled onto the ground in agonizing pain. The wounds burned, they tore through her body, and the blood pooled out around her delicate form. She was supposed to have died many years ago, by that gang of men. It was only prolonged, and she knew it. And now she laid on the cool grass, bleeding out her life blood onto the ground around her. She wanted to cry, wanted to curl into a protective ball, but she couldn't. It hurt. It hurt to breathe. It hurt to live. And after a long moment, after she could see the feet of the men getting closer and closer to her, she let the last of her life slip away with the final breath. Her eyes closed and her body twitched one final time in pain before falling limp.

-------------------------*---------------------------

Tristan shut his eyes at the sound of the gunshot. He didn't have to look to know what had happened. The young woman beside him had spoken just moments before the gunshot, as if she had timed it perfectly. Tristan didn't say a word. Instead he silently begged for forgiveness in his mind to himself. Soon, he opened his eyes again, but the scene around him had changed. While he had had his eyes closed, the young woman had disappeared from the room once again. Tristan's head swam. His body began to shake and his breathing became uneven. He knew what was happening. He begged for it to wait. "But Master Tristan! Your condition!" The words echoed in his mind. The last caring words that Meghan had spoken to him before she... Befor she was... Tristan fell backwards onto the ground, the shotgun falling out of his hand and onto the floor beside him. He sat there for a moment, his head between his knees as he forced himself to breath steady. His eyes screwed shut as he tried to regain himself, but to no prevail. He felt his conciousness slipping away. He felt his body falling backwards. And soon, the back of his head hit te floor beneath him. His bodytensed and he took in a sharp gasp of air. He opened his eyes for a moment to see the room spinning, Immediately he shut his eyes and curled up into a ball on the floor, holding his knees to his chest as he tried to stay awake. Now wasn't the time for this melodramatic crap. He knew that the young woman might need his help at any point in time. He knew that there were still a few people in the house that needed to be protected. But that didn't matter to his body right then. The only thing that mattered was...

...Sleep...
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:06 pm

The men were irritated when they realized that the girl wasn't Lauralei, and the leader -- the one with the sick obsession towards the vampiress -- glared at the back door, which was still open. Lauralei had already slipped back inside. He knew she was in there, knew she wanted to get away from the sight of the dead human girl. Or perhaps it was the scent. The crimson spilled all over the wet morning grass, and even he could smell it from where he was, just a few feet away. "Boys... inside." He picked up his gun, the one that had killed Meghan. The dogs stayed put, laying down next to the girl, panting a little. They'd been run all of the previous night and day, and they were tired. The leader didn't make them go inside again. He'd be able to find the vampiress on his own, with his men.

When Lauralei stepped back inside of the room Tristan had been left in, she blinked, eyes widening, seeing him passed out on the floor. At first, she thought he was dead, until she noticed his breathing, rising and falling as if in a lulled slumber. "Tristan?" Her knees folded gently beneath her, picking up the male's head and looking around for just a moment. The men would come inside and tear all the rooms to pieces to find her. She wasn't really sure what to do anymore, but she didn't want to let another human die. Not in her house. No matter who owned it, she still claimed it as her own -- she knew more about the mansion then even her father knew, secret passageways, each creaky bored within every room, which way to turn the pictures on which sides of the house, so they would be even, due to the angle of the walls. There were so many things that only she knew -- though, she didn't know if this young man had learned the secrets of the house, or not -- and she used that to her complete advantage.

Pulling Tristan carefully onto the bed, she shoved the gun underneath the blanket next to him, after putting the safety on, in case he woke. Maybe this was the condition the girl had warned about? The vampiress wasn't sure. The men were in the house, now, clattering and making a rucus on the first floor. When one suddenly fell, gurgling blood, with a knife through his heart, the leader of the men grinned, an insane look touching his pale hues. "Lauralei, my pet! Have you come out to play?" He looked around, seeing her perched on one of the staircase railings, crouched down, resting one hand on the railing, in between her feet. "Keith. So.. good of you to visit me."

The man -- now addressed as Keith -- stepped forwards, bringing his gun up and resting it against the front of his shoulder, gazing up at her. "Why don't you bring that politeness of yours down here, and greet your guests properly? We know, now, where you've been hiding all along." He grinned again. "Where you've been going to. We always followed your scent into the town, passed by this place hundreds of times.. but never thought to look inside, or even come onto the property. You outsmarted us for long enough. The game is over." He stepped back, suddenly, when Lauralei started laughing. It was a light sound, so care-free. But her eyes were cold. Stony. He felt like he was staring his own death in the face.

"No, Keith. This game, you see. It's just begun." She disappeared. Keith spun around, as another one of his men fell, and when his eyes shifted up towards the railling, she was there again, as if she'd never moved. She was, indeed, in her territory, in her range of security. And he quite suddenly realized that he was outnumbered in mentality, even if he'd had a hundred men there. She twisted the situation and placed it in her own hands. This man was going to die tonight. And he realized it all too late.

When he realized that his remaining men had fled, and he was the only one in the room with the vampiress, he couldn't find her. She was no longer on her perch, staring down at him. She wasn't up, or to the sides, and it terrified him. As he was backing up, he bumped into something, and whatever it was smelled of rosemary.. strongly of it, mixed with other lovely scents. "Keith, your time is up." He bolted forwards, running away from her, but she was on top of him, bringing him down to the ground and kneeling on top of him, bringing his head up by his hair, hissing in his ear. "I dare you to send for others. You can't win here." By the look in his eyes, the vampiress knew that he'd given up. He wasn't going to try to run anymore.

The smell of blood got stronger, and it was nearly ten minutes later before she got up off of him. His body was limp, and cold, amazingly pale, and there were two fang marks imbedded to his neck, which was broken. She wasn't going to risk turning him. It was much too dangerous. Once she had got done feeding from him, letting him very slowly slip away by her hand, and had broken his neck, she pulled him and the other two outside, tossing them in a pile. Her eyes softened only for the girl, but she couldn't deal with her now. She would have buried her, if possible, but the sun was coming up over the house. Exausted, and her thirst quenched, she headed back inside, noticing that the dogs and remaining men had all disappeared. And, truthfully, she didn't care.

Her feet dragged up the stairs, slipping into her old room -- Tristan's current room, the one he was sleeping in now -- and slank over to the curtains to shut them, being careful not to let the sun touch her skin too directly. Once they were all shut, and it was dark in the room, she sighed, and curled up on the long window seat. It was perfect for her size, actually almost a foot longer than she was, and it gave her body extra room, width-wise, by a few inches. In truth, it was simply perfect for her body-type, and the cushions were like sleeping on a deep bed of feathers. Within moments of laying down, she was asleep, comforted to have someone else in the room with her that she knew wasn't going to try and kill her.
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Blackness. Screams echoing in the darkness of his nightmares. Familiar screams. Ones that he wished he never had to remember, His mother. Screaming in her crazy fits of rage. Breaking glass on the floor and picking up the pieces to cut at her own arms with the pieces. His mother screaming at him to shut up and to be quiet like a good little boy should. The memories of his horrific childhood spread across his dreams, just like they always did when he was in this state of sleep. The darkness. It was the cupboard his mother would always lock him in when he was growing up. The screams of agony were from his mother as she was being neaten by whatever male figure she had brought home for the night. Tristan used to curl into a ball in the back corner of the cupboard, his hands over his ears in a sad attempt to block out the sounds coming from his mothers bedroom. The images that went throufh his head made his body twitch in his sleep. The night terrors raged on inside of him, his subconcious unaware that they were only dreams, making them more like reality to him.

Then the visions of his mother melted away. They were replaced by the visions of Meghan, the small girl he had saved a few years ago.She was so young, only sixteen when he had found her. She was so pretty. So innocent. But she was tainted. Hardened by the cold touch of man. He had found her, naked and hurt. The men had been standing over her, readjusting their pants. Luckilly Tristan had scared them off, just the fact that another person was walking in the alley ways that night had frightened them. But they had heard the stories of humans that prowled the night and fed from their bodies. They had lost more than one of their friends to random attacks by these unseen creatures. They had been scared of the beautiful young Meghan at first, but soon noticed that she was no different than the rest of them. They had had their way with her. And had Tristan not found them, he could only imagine what they would have done to her next. Tristan had saved her. He had taken her back to his home and given her to Erik before passing out in another one of his fits.

Meghan was standing there in the darkness, her cloak around her body and her pale face smiling at him from underneath. But that delicate face quickly turned to another look. One of horror and pain. Her face distorted before him, her screams of agony and pain echoing through his dream. Then it seemed that her skin melted from her bones, leaving that frightened child he had saved so long ago lying naked on the ground before him. He rushed to be beside her, but everytime he moved closer to her, it seemed that she moved farther away. Then her body began to twist in agony, her screams once again echoing around her. He soon stopped, trying to shut his eyes in horror as blood began to spill from her body out
around her, but his eyes wouldn't shut. It was as if this was his punishment for sending her to her death just a little while ago. And soon, the blood stopped, her body disappeared into the ground beneath her, leaving Tristan alone in the darkness once again. But soon another person came into his darkness.

The young woman stood there before him, Her angel like stature shining a bright and beautiful light around him. He could around him. His house... the house that she seemed to know even better than he did. He looked around, seeing the multiple bodies of men and dogs laying around them. Each one of them were drained of their life blood. Each one of them laid lifeless and cold against the ground. His breathing caught and his eyes shot back up to the young woman, the familiar snarling sounds coming to his ears once again. She was there, those fangs barred at him, her body crounched down on the floor infront of him. She looked like a hungry beast ready to prowl. And when she lunged at him, he knew that
he was her prey.

~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~

Tristan sat up quickly in his bed, his right hand clutching the bed sheets beside him. His left hand laying ontop of the barrel of the shot gun. He was sweaty. His head ached in pain. They were just a dream. He tried to console himself. Bringing his left hand up off of the gun, he put it to his forehead, massaging his temples gently as he sat there, trying to calm his breathing. After a few long and hesitant moments, his breathing calmed and he was able to distinguish the truth from the dream. He was safe and in his own bed. Meghan was dead. The girl had been killed trying to protect him. Trying to protect the young woman
as well. But where was she? His eyes focused once he finally opened them. His room was rather dark for the middle of the morning. But then again, he didn't know how long he had been asleep. He looked around the room. The curtains were closed. But he could still see a bit of light on the other side. So it was still daytime. Tristan slowly got up out of the bed and rubbed the back of his head. He had hit it harder than he had wanted. Slowly he made his way over to the window, but stopped short.
The small figure layed there, curled up and sleeping. He couldn't help but to let a corner of his lips curl up into a smile. It was the same girl that he had met earlier that morning when he had just come up here to go to sleep. The clothes that she wore were too big for her, and made her look as if she was a child trying to wear her own mothers clothes. He turned and went to his bed. He pulled up the comforter off of the bed and took it in his arms. Walking back over to her, he opened it and laid it out across her sleeping form. He wasn't used to having anyone there. He wasn't used to company other than Erik and... Meghan. He sighed, one last smile spreading across his lips as he made his way out of the bedroom and down the hallway. He didn't walk far though before he turned and went into another room, one with double french doors. It was the master bedroom. It was his studio. Walking in, he took a deep breath. The curtains were wide open, but he moved to draw them closed. He didn't want to cause any discomfort to his guest were she to just randomly walk in there. He then turned and moved to sit at the grand piano that took up the farthest corner of the room. Softly, his fingers laid on the ivory keys, running over them in a silent greeting. The man's fingers then slowly pressed down on the keys, and soon, a harmonic tune filled the air around him.
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:11 pm

Lauralei didn't stir at all when the comforter had been placed over her, and she stretched out a bit, being able to relax a little more in her sleep now that there was warmth across her body. It was rather chilly outside, winter setting into course, the fall leaves having changed colors and dropped. Being next to the window, the cold seeped in, past the curtains just a little, and she was practically pressed up against the wooden frame that ensured no one falling through the glass, and down the two stories to the ground below.

When Tristan had began playing the piano, soft purple hues flickered open, lips parted a little, listening. It was beautiful. After just a few minutes of listening, she stood and made her way to the bed, having the blanket wrapped around her shoulders. Sitting upon the mattress, she laid down, resting her head on the pillows with the comforter still around her, the warmth from where Tristan's body previously was, still remaining. The piano music was so sweet to her ears; lulling her into such a heavy slumber, she probably wouldn't wake under much circumstances until the middle of that night.

........................ * ... e l s e w h e r e ... * ........................

Raphael was pleased. His granddaughter had survived. In the house that had been passed on to that one particular family for years, she had been cornered... and she was still alive. In truth, he wasn't very surprised. "Raphael?" A blonde-headed male, looking like he was in his early twenties, had stepped into the room. "Is she...?"

The dark-headed, young vampire -- Raphael -- grinned. "She's fine. Sleeping, now, as a matter of fact. Completely untouched, Alexander." The blonde -- Alexander -- nodded. Two hundred years ago, he had met Lauralei. She'd only seen him once before in her entire life, and yet, sometime in the future, the two would be paired. It was Raphael's doing, to match the two, and Lauralei honestly had no idea that it was going to happen.

Rapahel, Alexander, and Nicholas -- three elder vampires by human age, yet only in their early twenties, by vampiric, that lived in the northern United Kingdom, whereas the mansion in which Lauralei was residing in at the moment, being more towards the southern tip of the same country -- lived in an enormous mansion themselves, commonly known as the Council House. All three of them were vampires, some of the oldest of their kind, hence why they were so commonly known as elders within the vampiric community. Raphael was the eldest, being in rule over the Council House, and the head of household. Alexander, and Nicholas -- twin brothers by birth, bitten just minutes apart and turned -- were second, and third in line of ranking. The Council House itself sat on hundreds of acres, woods surrounding the acreage and enclosing it. No one was allowed inside except vampires, it was a refuge to their kind. Lauralei herself had never been there. She didn't even know of her grandfather. She wasn't sure, at all, as to how old Alexander was when she met him -- she only knew that he had power, and an aura that had nearly suffocated her own.

Raphael had chosen to pair the young vampiress with Alexander, due to their lovely, similar abilities. Lauralei was so utterly gentle for a vampire, a trait that she had gotten from her mother, and it only grew stronger when she had been turned. Alexander, on nearly the same hand, was also just as gentle, but he had the power to destroy almost anything he wished. With those two combined, Raphael wanted to see what kind of personality a child between the both of them would have. It wasn't really an experiment, Alexander had always been fond of the girl, and he wasn't objecting to it. The only problem was, Raphael knew, if Lauralei didn't take to Alexander, the male was going to accept that and not court her again. Raphael wasn't sure if he was going to allow that to happen or not, quite yet.
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:13 pm

His fingers flew across the ivory keys of his piano with intricate detail and spped. It was his perfection. It was his utter most love. It was all he had in his life that made him purely happy. It was all that he had that could take the pain from those memories away from him. The ivory keys were cold beneath the touch of his fingers at first, but every short moment that his fingers touched the keys, the took more and more of the heat from him and made it their own until the burned with the heat of life. And as he continued to play, the words flowed to his mouth, soon spilling out to his tongue and into the air, harmonizing together in one harmony. To him, it was just words that sprang from somewhere deep inside of him. To anyone else, they would be words from someone who meant them. At that moment in time, Tristan didn't know where the words came from. All he knew was that it was something he could feel.

"I was tired and now I'm bound; My head is off of the ground. For a long time was so weary; Tired of sound, I've heard before; Knowing of the nighttime at the door; Haunted by the things I've been, yeah; Stuck between the burning light and the dusty shade. Said I, used to think the past was dead and gone; I was wrong. So wrong. Whatever makes a flower must make you strong, make you strong. At my time I've melted into many forms; From the day that I was born, But I know there's no place to hide; Stuck between the burning shade and the faded light. I was broken for a long time, but it's over now. Yes
and you, you've walked these lonely streets that people ascend. There are some fools that just count in and I do pretend, And I'm free from all the things that saved my friend; And I was there until the end."

~~~~*~~~~

By the time that Tristan had gotten tired of playing his music and brought himself back into reality, it was already dark. He wsa hungry and stiff from sitting over the piano in such a manner for so many hours. He had been hunced over the musical maker as if it was his life, acting as if he parted with it, it would be his demise. But that was ridiculous, and now he was walking out of the room and down the hallway of his house once again. He turned though and headed down the stairs. It was time to eat something. "Is Master Tristan finally finished playing with his keys?" The male voice echoed through the
main hall of the house. Tristan couldn't help but to smile. It was good to hear someones voice. "Erik..." He said as he walked into the kitchen, the smell of food tantalizing this senses as he stood there watching the older male stand over the stove in the kitchen. "Need I even ask why exactly your house looks like you had a reinactment of a war inside of it?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "Believe me Erik, you wouldn't believe me even if I told you." Tristan stated as he moved to the stool at the counter. "How long have you been here?" He asked, looking at Erik as he placed warm food on a plate before him. "I was actually here since about ten, Master Tristan. It is almost eleven now." He said, smiling at the young man. "So who is the young Mistress in your bedroom?" He asked Tristan, causing him to cough on the mouthful of food he had just shoved into his mouth. "A cousin. She is here out of a favor." He said. Erik took the hint and did not ask any more questions. "I will call for the repair men in the morning to have the door fixed, young Master. Until then, I must retire if I may. The son is in town with his children." He said, smilng as Tristan nodded his ok. Erik left quickly and quietly, just like he did every night.

Tristan finished his food and cleaned up his own mess. He looked at the clock on the wall and sighed as he noticed it was only eleven thirty. He was no where near tired and knew that he wouldn't be for most of the night. Then he remembered that his guest hadn't made an appearance yet and that he wasn't sure if she needed to eat anything... normal. He sighed and made his way back up the stairs and into his room. It was even darker than it had been when he had left it earlier that morning. But now there was a difference. The young woman had moved from the window to his bed. He couldn't help but to smile at this slowly he walked across the room, stepping over the creaky boards as he went. Before long, he was opening the curtains at the window in his room, letting the cold air push in and the starlight shine through. He took in a deep breath and smiled. Snow would be coming soon. His eyes then fell back upon the woman in his bed and he moved slowly to her side, sitting on the edge of the bed beside her. Slowly and caustiously, his right hand raised and pushed a single strand og her hair away from her face. He sighed again and pulled his hand away from her, looking down at the floor beneath his feet.
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:14 pm

Lauralei was still sleeping heavily, only stirring slightly when the sun had sank down, the moon reclaiming its rightful place in the night. When Tristan had opened the window, she shivered slightly, curling into a ball within the blankets. The vampiress loved the snow, and cold, but when she was sleeping, wounded, or trying to rest, it was nothing more than a nuisance. In a way, Tristan's fingertips brushing the single strand of hair from her forhead, soothed her. The male had such a gentle personality, and normally, where she would have woken up if someone had even come into the room towards her, she slept for a little while longer.

When it hit somewhere around midnight or so, purple orbs flickered open, blinking slowly. Her eyes were glossy, memories hitting her hard at waking up inside the room; her father coming in with a grin on his face, practically tackling her just to get her up and ready for the day. She'd always go downstairs into the kitchen, eat her breakfast, and wander around -- especially during the winter, when it was snowing. Closing her eyes again, she replayed the scene over in her head. It was nice, to be able to remember such things, even after the more traumatizing ones had happened. Upon letting her eyelids part, to reveal the pools beneath, she then noticed spikey golden strands off to her left. In an instant, she was out of the bed, pressed against the opposite side of the wall. The blankets had hardly moved, even when their host had disappeared from beneath them.

She had honestly forgotten that it was only Tristan, and just a few seconds later, she relaxed, sinking back against the corner of the room. "You.. startled me." It was the only apology she could really offer, gazing towards the window. In a single, fluid movement, she was up again, sitting on the window seat and gazing up at the moon. The pale light splashed onto her face and chest, cradeling the earth in its gentle cast. "Who was here... earlier?" She was referring to the young man that had left nearly an hour ago; his scent still lingering faintly in the doorway. It made her slightly nervous, wondering if Tristan would try to send her off to some place for some sort of prize, for his findings -- a vampire, the creatures becoming rather rare as of late. When she turned towards him, her eyes trailed over him briefly, mostly seeing if he had any weapons on him that would be purposely meant for her. When she didn't see any, she relaxed further, watching him quietly. She felt... strange, without her cloak, and being in such loose clothes. But changing would have to wait, for now.
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:16 pm

Tristan had spaced out by the time that the young woman had woken up. And when she had jumped up and moved, the sound of the air moving beside him made him look behind him. Though he wasn't frightened by her sudden movements, his face looked as if it was pained. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you..." He said, standing up slowly. When he turned to back at the corner of the room that she had been smashed into, he was not surprised to see that she had moved silently across the room once again. He turned once more to look at the window, smiling softly as he saw that she was sitting in her
perch once again. "Oh that?" He chuckled softly. "It was my other servant, Erik. He is harmless, I assure you. He had asked who was here. I explained to him that you were my cousin here on personal favor. He will not tell anyone of your prescence here and he will address you as if you were my cousin." He said, smilng at her. "He's a good old men. Never asks questions." He said, chuckling. He then moved and sat back on the edge of his bed. "So tell me, what is your name? I feel very odd not knowing what to call you, Ma'am." He said, scratching the back of his head. Slowly he ran his fingers through his golden
hair, sighing softly as he dropped his hands into his lap.

Then it came to him. "I'm sorry about earlier. I did not mean to... become a nuisance by passing out in the middle of all that." He said, blushing slightly in embarrassment. In all honesty his condition was the reason that he chose to live alone. It was embarrassing to him, and the only people who knew of his condition were his servants. They were the only people he had ever let get close to him. "So it seems to me that you know more about this house than I do, and I've lived here for a few years now. Is there something I don't know about you, Ma'am?" He said, watching her carefully as she stared out the
window to the moon.

Tristan then found his breath taken away. He swallowed hard as he watched her, the light of the moon grazing her body and her fetures in ways that he could not explain in anything but perfect. He couldn't help but to blink a few times, rubbing his eyes at one point in time to try to tell himself that he wasn't dreaming. Then a small smile stretched across his lips as he watched her carefully. "Tell me, Ma'am.... Is there anything in particular you need eat. I would be more than willing to get anything you need to make your accomadations here suitable for you." He said, scratching the back of his head once again.
"I mean... You can stay here as long as you like. I wont kick you out of here and I think by the looks of things you rather like it here." He said, sighing. "I mean... I like the company and you seem like you need somewhere safe to hide." He then sighed again and silently cursed himself at not knowing how to talk to anyone. "Just let me know if you need anything at all and I'll do everything I can to get it for you, okay?" He said finally, looking back up at her and praying that he hadn't made a fool of himself to her just yet. Which he was very prone to doing.
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:17 pm

Lauralei couldn't help but smile. He was so sweet. No wonder she was so comfortable being near him. "You don't need to be so skittish." Her gaze, once more, turned towards him, lips pulled up into a gentle smile. There was no hostility in her gaze. "My name is Lauralei. I used to.. live, in this house. My father and I moved here when I was just a baby, and I resided here until I was seventeen." She frowned suddently, looking away from him. She had lived there until she was bitten, actually almost a year after that as well, until hunters started coming after her, and she had to leave so they wouldn't find her main hiding spot.

The vampiress laughed a little, gazing out the window again. "This house has so much more than anyone could ever imagine." Suddenly, she looked to him again, and then looked past him, at the fireplace that was within the room. "Your.. passing out wasn't a problem. It was probably better. You didn't need to get harmed, and I'm truthfully sorry about what happened to your friend. I was going to bury her, but the sun was coming up..." She wondered if her body was still outside, along with the other three men. It was possible, and with the cold air, nothing would have touched the bodies. "I'm sure that you have already figured out along the lines of what I am. And I took my fill last night, so please, don't worry about me eating. I'll be fine." She hated to disturb him with the fact that she was a creature of the night; one that fed off of live people, for their blood. In truth, she had complete control over her venom glands. She could feed without turning, and she could take small doses from one person at a time, to satisfy her thirst. "I simply came here to retrieve my journal. They were getting much too close. The hunters, I mean. And I did not want them to find out my weaknesses." She had placed the journal with her cloak, which was still in the closet of the other room. "Excuse me."

Lauralei vanished, appearing in the room that the girl was residing in before. A wave of slight sorrow and guilt washed over her, and she made her way over to the closet to retrieve her clothing, eyeing the other clothes that were in there. Again, she put off changing, and placed the cloak over her body. It sank against each and every one of her curves, keeping her warm and comfortable. There was a small pendant on the front, and it glowed when she had tied it off, smiling when she felt a wave of relief wash through her. The cloak, in almost a literal sense, was her life. It kept her warm, it relaxed her, it kept her healthy and helped her wounds heal faster, so long as it was on her body somehow. When she had checked to make sure that the journal was still safely held within one of the inner pockets of the cloak, she reappeared next to the window seat inside of the room that Tristan was still in, and went ahead and sat back down, facing him this time.

"Tristan.." She was going to go ahead and use his name, even though she hardly knew the male. "I just want to apologise. For all of the pain that I've already brought you. I appreciate your offer of letting me stay, and I will very possibly take you up on it. But I just want you to know, that just because you met me this one time.. you'll always be in danger, somehow. And I'm so sorry for that." Her face was pained. It killed her inside to know that his life would be completely altered, because she had come back to that house, and he had woken with her there. She wasn't sure if it would be for the better, or for the worse, but as of now, her mind was telling her that it wasn't going to be exactly the best thing. Others would come for her. But with the advantage of knowing her way around the mansion, she knew that the more that they came, at first, the less that would come later. She would be deemed more of a threat. That could mean either, they came in higher numbers, they came with better weapons, both, or they just stopped coming altogether. She preferred that last option, but it was completely up to the ones that were so determined to claim her for some sort of prize.
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:19 pm

Tristan blushed a deep crimson as he looked down at the floor beneath his feet once again. "I'm not... I'm not skittish." He said, shaking his head and then once again rubbing the back of his head. She would soon come to learn that he would rub the back of his head out of being uncomfortable. Mostly when he was trying to get over his shy tendancies. And when Tristan finally raised his eyes back up to her, his eyes met with those deep purple orbs. It was at that moment that he realized he had yet to make eye contact with the young woman, and he couldn't help but to stare at her as he did. Lauralei?" He repeated softly, more to make a mental note than anything else. His eyes didn't leave hers as she spoke to him, listening intently on every word that she spoke. So his assumptions had been correct. She had been from this house. But Tristan was torn away from his own thoughts as he realized that her facial features had changed and she looked saddened by what she had told him. Tristan rose from where he sat and slowly he made his way over to her. Hesitantly he raised his left hand and gently placed it on her shoulder. Her words continued then, and he listened to her every word.

When she looked over past him, he turned his gaze away from her and towards the fireplace that she had been staring at for a moment. Again he wondered what was on the young womans mind, but he didn't speak just yet. He continued to listen to her as she spoke. "My passing out can be a nuisance sometimes. It is triggered my my emotions. I had a very..... horific childhood. That was just one of the scars that it left behind." He said, dropping his hand from her shoulder and turning away from her. It was then that he remembered why he had put himself in a life of solitude. He was always found his own problems more of a hassle to everyone else around him. He had always figured that it was more of a pity thing than anything else. Who would want to be around someone that would pass out as soon as something would depress him? "I'm still not sure what exactly triggers it. I know if I'm in a stressful or hurtful situation it happens." He didn't know about much else. Tristan didn't ever get angry at anyone. He was too nice to get mad, too understanding. His eyes shut slowly at the talk of Meghan. "Please do not worry about such things. She knew what she was getting herself into when she ran out that back door, I could read it on her face. She would have perfered it that way anyways. Anything to distract them away from house long enough for us in here to gain composure... I guess." He said, shaking his head to get rid of the memories. Then he just nodded. "I have a faint idea that you're something that's a little more than human." He said, finally looking back at her with a smile. "Well. I see you've gotten your journal. At least I assume that was what you were holding the first time I saw...." But before he could finish his sentance she was gone from the room again. "You..." He finished, chuckling.

Tristan knew that he was going to have a lot of wierd things happening from then on out. It was just something he could sense from the young woman. It wasn't hard to tell that this woman brought something else with her wherever she went. But it was at that moment that he promised himself that he would care for the woman no matter what. That he would do whatever he could to protect her. Besides, by the sounds of it now, he was in this whole mess whether he liked it or not. But he didn't mind, strangely enough. He wasn't used to company, and now that he had some that wasn't a servant, he was
kind of excited by all of it. It was like having a new friend in his childhood, which he didn't have any when he was growing up anyways. Tristan sighed as he walked over to the bed and slowly began to make it, his head spinning cirlces around him as he did. Thought that he would have never imagined of having went through his head at a rapid pace as he straightened up the room a bit. Thoughts of protecting the young woman as well as he possibly could. Thoughts of actually being worth something at some point in time. Tristan couldn't help but to smile.

The sound of her voice got his attention, causing him to turn around. He wasn't used to her silent entrances and exists as of yet. "No need to apologize, Lauralei." He said, giving her a charming smile. "You can stay as long as you like. And seeing as how you seem so attatched to this room, you are welcome to it any time you need it." He said, motioning to his own room. Then again, he noticed the pained expression on her face. He sighed and looked at his own feet again. "It's going to be ok, Lauralei. I'm not scared of you. I'm not scared of anything that may come my way because of you." He then laughed a bit. "Besides, my life was pretty damn boring until you came along. And quite like this adventure stuff." He then said to her, looking up and giving her a wink. "I'll just take whatever comes as well as I can." He said, shrugging his shoulders. "No big deal, right." He tried to make light of thier situation. He tried to make her see that he wasn't at all bothered by her or her prescence. "Just one thing. Don't bite me." He said as he walked past her. He stopped at his door and looked back at her. "I might like it." And with one last chuckle he walked out of the room and down the hallway of the house. He started to whistle as he made his way into his studio, leaving the door open behind him.
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Lauralei listened to what he had to say quietly, and at the end, when he walked out, she grinned. His words sparked a flare of curiosity, and she stood, trailing after him. "The house hasn't changed all that much." She eyed his neck for only a moment, looking away with a rather amused expression. "I heard you playing earlier. On the piano. It was beautiful. Do you mind?" She strode over to where the grand object was, taking in its currently silent mystery. So many things could be done with one object. She sat, running her fingertips against the keys. It sat, so patiently, as if simply awaiting to have charm and grace flow through its cords and keys. "My father taught me how to play, ever since I could remember..." She started to press down on the keys as she spoke, and after the first few keys, it was nothing more than instant song. The melody was soft, and it got more intense, slowing again. There were no words. "I taught myself dozens of songs. But I can't find the papers anywhere, I've looked everywhere in this house. I think that the first family threw them out. I can't even remember where I placed them."

She seemed to be in two worlds at once. One was talking, ever so casually, to Tristan, and the other was providing a sweet lull throughout the mansion. This particular one was just one of more fonder ones she was proud of writing, but her favorite she was almost afraid to play to anyone. She hadn't even played it to her own father, and it lasted over twenty minutes long. The keystrokes came so naturally to her, now, and her long fingers moved with such amazing speed and perfection along the keys, it didn't seem real. She was utterly lost into the music now, until the very last notes, and they trailed off slowly, fading away into the walls. After sitting there another moment, she only sighed, running her fingers over the top of the keys once more, as if the song were never even played or mentioned. "It's amazing how the silent can be so beautiful."
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:21 pm

Tristan looked back behind him to see if the young woman was following him, and when he saw her there, following curiously, he couldn't help but to allow a wide smile to stretch across his lips. As he walked, he felt the eyes on the back of his head, and to make his joke even better he tilted his head to the side a bit, exposing the left side of his neck to her as she walked behind him. Tristan couldn't keep a straight face though and laughed even harder than before as he pushed through the double doors of the studio. Tristan moved softly around the room, opening the curtains to let in the moonlight through the large pane windows that decorated the largest room of the wall. He then turned to her as she spoke to him and smiled once again to her. "Of course. This is your house after all." He said, chuckling once more as he made himself comfortable in a rather fancy looking chair that sat at a desk. He sighed a bit and watched Lauralei closely as she moved silently through the room to the bench at the piano. He couldn't help but to genuinly smile at her though as her fingers began playing his piano as if they were meant for each other. He listened to her words and then shrugged. "I haven't seen papers. But then again when I moved here there was so much old stuff packed in boxes in the library... I never went through them or anything. I just ended up moving the boxes into the closet in the library." He then shrugged his shoulders
and just sat there in his own silence for a long moment, listening to the melody from the piano cirlce around them in the still air.

Tristan allowed her music to take him to some other place. But strangely enough the other place calmed him and soothed him more than he could have ever possibly imagined it to. He stragely felt at ease by the music, something that he had never encountered in anything other than his own music. He too had music like hers. The kind that was heart felt and long. The kind that he would never share with anyone and wouldn't play unless he knew that he was alone in the house. Tristan was well known in the surrounding towns for his compositions and his work, hence the reason many people knew his name. It was what he made his money off of, selling his work to other artists so they could use it for their own purposes. But he had those compositions that he would never sell. The dark ones that he would write after his bad dreams. The light and cheery ones he would write as a reminder of some happy memory. And in that moment, Tristan felt connected to the young woman in a way that he had never been connected to anyone ever before. He felt as if they were the same, as if they were just alike. Though he knew that they were two entirely different people, he knew that on the inside they were the same. "You're very good at that. I actually don't believe I've heard someone play so finely in many years. Piano is a dead art these days. People pay big money for piano compositions anymore." He said as the music slowly drained away and the room was once again left in silence, "It's amazing how a lot of things can be so beautiful. Even the most ugly and horrific things can be beautiful. Even the most dark and eveil things can have beauty to them." He said more to himself than anything. But what he hadn't noticed was the way he was staring at the young woman from where he sat behind her. What he hadn't realized was the small attraction he was having for her that was slowly pulling him to become closer and closer to her. "It's a beautiful night." He said, sending his eyes away from her before he was caught and looking out the window. "You think you're safe enough for a walk with me?" He asked, looking back at her with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:22 pm

Lauralei laughed, standing up and nodding. "I don't think they'd be stupid enough to come back anytime soon. Though, you never know. We need to go and give your friend a proper burial, first, and burn the others." Her voice had hardened, then, and she stepped lightly out of the room and down the stairs, exiting the house. Yes, the bodies were still there, completely untouched. She went and found a shovel, leaning it against the side of the house, and set fire to the three men, moving off to the small cemetary off to the left where usually pets or small animals were buried; some people there as well... such as her father. Very carefully, she picked up the dead woman, and brought her over, truly wishing that she had a coffin to put her in. With a slight sigh, she didn't waste any time in starting to dig the hole, getting four feet deep rather quickly. If Tristan was anywhere near her, she didn't notice it -- she was too occupied in what she was doing, until she got two more feet in, and she stopped, wiping her forehead with her sleeve. It was cold out, true, but she had already worked up a sweat. The dirt was very thick and pacted here, so it was work to dig so deep, and it had been done within a half hour. Slowly, she set the girl down inside of the grave, jumping out and looking down at her. "May you rest in peace."

She decided not to fill it in yet, in case Tristan had something he wanted to say, and she left that particular spot alone and went to where her father's grave was. Her fingers were so gentle as they brushed against the gravestone, marking 'Raphael Buurtonia.' It showed the year he was born, and the year he had died, and some sentimental words. Lauralei hadn't visited his grave in years. To see it now completely crushed her spirits, sitting on her knees in front of the grave. She was responsible for his death. It was her doing, and the look in his eyes would never leave her mind. The vampiress drew in a shaky breath, covering her mouth with her hand, trying to hold back the quiet sobs that wanted so desperately to escape. The loving, caring man that had raised her, taught her the ways of life, gave so much to the people of the town around them. She would never see him again, even in death. It was enough to completely shatter the spirit of anyone.
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:24 pm

Tristan got up and slowly followed Lauralei around the house, watching everything that she did, curious as to what she was doing. He also wanted to be there incase something happened, or she needed his help with something. He didn't see either of those things happening that night, He still didn't want to take the chance. He was also interested on what all she knew about the house. She had mentioned something about it having secrets, but he had never looked hard enough around the place to know exactly what it was she was talking about. And as Tristan followed Lauralei around, he saw that she knew
what she was doing. Burning the bodies, the evidance of what had really happened. Even Tristan wasn't sure about what had truely happened the night before, but he had a strong idea of what the truth was. He wouldn't ask ether. Maybe a part of him really didn't want to know. Or maybe he was perfectly content knowing what he thought. Either way, he wouldn't ask. It was probably better that way.

Tristan had left Lauralei at one point in time, disappearing into the house for some unknown reason. He had made his way across the house and up the stairs. Tristan had found himself finally in Meghan's old room. He stood there in the doorway, looking around intently at all the things that were laying around. He was looking for a few things in particular. Things that had meaning to Meghan that he knew she would want to be buried with. It was the least he could do, seeing as how he owed her that much. He moved to the dresser that sat in the room, its old wood looking more and more weathered. He had been
wanting to throw it out for some time, but Meghan had begged him for it. Told him that it was prettty because it was old. Slowly, he opened the drawers and looked into them. He knew that the necklace was there somewhere. Soon, his hand dove into the drawer and when he withdrew it, a golden chain was enttwined in his fingers. He lifted it up and smiled softly. He knew that it meant more than anything to her. It was all the had left to remind her of her parents. The locket that adorned the chain held two small pictures. One of her mother and one of her father. Meghan would never wear it, in fear of breaking
or loosing it. But he knew that she would want it. Once the mecklace was safely in his pocket, he moved back to his studio, the room where he spent most of his time. Moving quickly, he dug through the papers that laid on the desk, searching for one in particular. A song that he had written for his 'little sister' one time when she was sick. The doctor had said there was a very slim chance that she'd recover. That night, Tristan had written a song and played it on the piano, leaving the doors open to let the melody drift through the house. The next morning, Meghan had been much better, and the doctor said it was
miracle. Ever since then, the song had been labeled as 'Meghan's Lullaby'. This too would go into the grave with her.

Before long, Tristan was standing over the freshly dug grave, looking down at the ddead body of his friend. He sighed and rolled up the compostion, wrapping the locket gently around it. He then knelt down, letting the items drop down onto her chest. "I'm sorry... Little Sister. Rest in peace." He said before standing up and walking away. He didn't know what to say to her. It was strange and he was still not used to the fact that she was gone. But he was worried about Lauralei. When he had returned, she had not been there. And he wanted to make sure that she was alright. So slowly, Tristan walked through the cold night air, his eyes searching in the darkness for her body. And soon, when he saw her form knelt on the ground, he moved over to her. "Lauralei... are you okay?" He asked, not sure what it was that she was doing. When Tristan then saw that she was knelt before a grave, he looked down at his feet. "I'm sorry. I'll leave you alone." He said, turning on his heel to walk away. She had looked upset, and as much as he wanted to comfort her, he felt she wanted to be alone.
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:24 pm

Lauralei jumped slightly when Tristan had spoken, turning around. "No, Tristan, I'm sorry." She stood, brushing herself off, taking one last glance at her father's grave before she moved to walk alongside the male. "Like any other person, I hate being alone during times of pain." She smiled weakly, moving over to where Meghan's body was inside the hole, looking in to see the items upon her chest that Tristan had dropped there. "We need to cover her before daylight. There's still severl hours.. but you said you wanted to walk." There was still a weak smile on her lips, and it faded, gazing down into the hole. Her chest felt heavy, hating to be the reason for the girl's death. She took the shovel once more, and gently began to scrape the dirt in. It wasn't the first, second, nor third grade she'd dug and filled -- and she was sure that it wouldn't be the last one, either. When it was nearly all the way filled, the vampiress looked up, uneasy. Someone else was near. She could sense whoever it was. She jumped a little, looking down to see a German Shephard puppy, glancing over at Tristan. "I didn't know you had a dog..." Bending over, she scooped it up, leaning away when the pup licked at her face. It was adorable, and very sweet, but it was skinny. "Do you even feed--"

Her knees suddenly crumpled, a shot sounding, shattering the silence like shards of glass being slammed together. "Tr...Tristan?" The pup ran from her arms, over to where two men were standing with guns -- the same two that had been with Keith, the ones that had fled. One placed the young dog back on a leash, tying it off. Blood spewed from Lauralei's lips, choking for a moment, coughing it up. Pain seared throughout the entire right side of her body, in her ribcage, and she was disoriented, unsure what had happened. When the ground had rushed towards her, from falling to her knees, and then again, when she fell completely over, nothing seemed to matter anymore except the pain. The vampiress curled into a ball, finally a cry escaping from her, more blood coming out of her lips. She swore, sitting up and attempting to stand. The searing inside of her ribcage, where ribs there had shattered and pierced her lung, wasn't normal. She could take a regular bullet.

Upon realizing that they had used silver, she panicked, and stood up, stumbling, trying to move away. Her vision was blurry and distorted, and she slammed right into Tristan without even meaning to, knocking him over, becoming rather limp on top of him. The hunters moved towards her -- the small pup whimpering and whining, not liking the sound of the second shot that rang through its ears -- but it didn't pierce her, nor Tristan. It was more of a victory shot, up into the air. Again, the vampiress swore, her light body rolling off of Tristan and laying on her side. It was as if someone was taking fire to her insides, the silver tainting her blood and organs, literally burning away anything that it was touching. Already, she had lost a very large dose of blood, and it started to pool around where she lay, breathing heavily. The only movement that she could force, was to bring her and up, fingers reaching into the wound and digging the bullet out. It made the wound even worse, and burned her fingers, but when it was out, she dropped it, and coughed up more blood. Within moments, she was utterly limp, everything in her vision swarming and starting to become clouded with black blotches and shades. Her breathing was hard and strained, choking again, everything becoming confused for her.
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:27 pm

Tristan smiled back at her as she walked up behind him. He couldn't help but to be happy around her. He couldn't quite figure out why he felt so comfortable around a woman as dangerous as her, "Yes. It always is noce to have a companion when you are sad. It's good to know that you always have someone to talk to." He said, looking at her once more. His icy blue eyes sparkled dimly in the moonlight now as he watched her closely, completely entranced by the way that she looked in the darkness around them. She seemed to be illuminated as she walked, once again the term angel came to his mind. His eyes soon left her and turned to the ground that he walked on, the grave that was dug for Meghan soon coming into view infront of him. He then nodded. "Yes. We should get this all covered up now. I've noticed that you don't take too kindly to the sunlight." He said, looking at her once again. He had noticed many things about her. How she was only confortable when she had her cloak on her small frame. How she loved the chill of the night, unless she was asleep. He didn't understand why he was so noticable to all those things about her. Tristan stood there and watched her as she moved quickly,
pushing the dirt back into the grave with the shovel. Soon he couldn't even see Meghan anymore, the remains of her death and the pure existance of the girl that once was, covered by the pure dirt of the earth. As Lauralei moved and looked as if her senses were heightened suddenly, he too became aware of their surroundings. He walked a few steps away from Lauralei, looking around. He heard her words, and looked back over at her, holding the small puppy. "Lauralei! I don't have a dog! Someone's....!" But his words were cut off by the silence breaking sound of the gun being fired off in the distance.

Tristan watched in pure horror as Lauralei's body began to crumble under it's own weight. He moved quickly, quicker than he had ever even known he could run. And it was at that moment that he noticed things he had never noticed before. Smell. He could smell the sweat that was dripping from the men's bodies, even though they were standing across the field. He could smell the dogs breath as it panted while it ran back to it's owners. And he could smell the blood that seeped from Lauralei's body as she fell to her knees. Before Tristan knew it, he was at her side, kneeling beside her. "I'm here. It's okay."
He said, his body becoming warmer as he spoke. He was enraged, feelings coursed through his being that he had never expierienced before in his life. Tristan stood up from his crouching position, his arms up around Lauralei in a protective manner. He was worried. He was angry. He was so many things at once he couldn't even explain it. And as Lauralei toppled into him and he fell backwards with her ontop of him, feelings came over him that he had never known before. The simple anger that he had felt just moments before heightened. He became enraged. The smell of Lauralei's blood was overtaking him, causing his body to ache in a pain that he had never felt before. His ears rang in pain as he heard the ring of the second gunshot ring out overhead. He knew that it wasn't any closer than the one before it. But somehow it hurt his ears even more the second time around. Tristan's eyes fell from the sky to Lauralei, his eyes following her forced movements carefully, watching her hands as they searched in her wounds for the silver bullets. He wanted deperately to shove his hands in the way and take them out himself, seeing as how he knew it only pained her more to take them out herself, but he couldn't move. It was as if he was frozen on the spot. And then it happened. Things that Tristan had never expiereinced before in his life took over his body.

As Lauralei rolled off of him, his body reacted in a way that he would never be able to explain. He heard the footsteps of the men as they started to walk towards them. He heard the pained gasps of life that were coming from Lauralei's body. His own body was covered in blood, blood that made his senses ache. Tristan moved, it was a move that not even a human could manage. He was up off of his back, his body quickly crouched over infront of Lauralei, staying between her limp figure and the men that were approaching. And the the growl came. A menacing growl that came from deep within him. One that had more anger and furocity behind it than even her vampiric one had. "Back away!" He shouted. His voice
roared over the field around them, his face contorted into an angy look he had never seen before. And then his body shifted, his bones crunched and distorted. He shouted in pain, but it was done before it was over. His body had changed, his arms turning to another pair of legs, his hind legs shifting around as like those of a dog. Fur had sprouted from every part of his body, silver and black fur that sparkled in the moonlight. His muscles had grown to three times their original size, his clothes shredding to pieces around him. He gave out a loud howl, one of a warning, and as he saw that the men came even closer,
more out of curiosity now than anything, he leaped foreward, sprinting at speed only a wolf would have. But he wasn't a wolf, he was too large to be one. He was a werewolf, a creature of the night much like Lauralei was.

Tristan jumped. The men too shocked and scared at first to even have time to react. He was ontop of the man that had shot Lauralei in more than a moment. He barreled into that first man, snapping his neck and spine from the impact itself. His large jaowls bit into the mans neck, tearing quickly at his juggular, ripping the inside of the mans throat out in a swift movement. With the first man dead, his head raised up, his piercing blue eyes locked onto the other man now. The remaining man turned quickly, dropping the leash of the small dog. He then turned and ran. But Tristan wasn't about to let the man get away. Another howl, and he was off. Tristan was bounding after the other man, taking him down from behind in a matter of moments. And soon, the man beneath his large werewolf body was shredded to pieces, limbs detatched and puddles of blood all over the ground. Once again, Tristan raised his large wolf-like head towards the sky and howled, a pained one now, a cry for the dead. Tristan, his anger qwenched, turned and started to walk back to Lauralei's form. As he came up on her, he nuzzled his nose into her cheek, whining softly as he pushed at her. And after a long moment, the sounds of crunching bones returned and the body of the werewolf turned back into that of Tristan's. He was kneeling beside her, his right hand on her cheek. "Lauralei." He whispered. His body was stained with blood, and not just hers anymore. He stood, looking down at his naked body. He sighed and was grateful that she was unconsious. Carefully, he lifted her up and carried her inside. He delicately moved her across the bottom level of the house and up the stairs. And soon, he was laying her body on his bed, her cloak wrapped protectively areound her. "Their gone. Please... be... ok..." He said before his own body collapsed along the side of the bed beside her.
Back to top Go down
Jynx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:28 pm

Lauralei had completely gone unconcious just after Tristan had shouted for the men to back off, and he was kneeling in front of her. Her insides were very slowly starting to heal; the shards of her ribs beginning to stitch together, the puncture wounds in her lung beginning to heal. Even while she was unconcious, she coughed up the remaining blood that was inside of her lungs. His being near her, even when she was in the unconcious state, soothed her, and actually helped her wounds heal faster. When he left, her body stressed, tensing a bit until he was back. She could sense ever piece of his werewolf form, and even though she was supposed to react against it... she was reacting to it, instead. It didn't bother her in the least. Just having him near her was such a large help, the bullet wound in her side started to heal, ever so slowly. When he'd picked her up, the only thing that signified she wasn't totally subdued into darkness was one flickering of her eyelids. After that, her body once more shut down, for the better part.

By the time Tristan had brought her up to the room, the pendant in the front of the cloak had lightened a tiny bit, and the stirring within it had slowed to a gentle swirl. The color started coming back to the vampiress's skin, she wasn't sweating so badly, and both hear heartbeat and breathing became much more natural and easy. It was a huge relief on her body. Outside, the pup -- leash still attatched to its collar -- stepped gingerly along the lawn and into the house, jumping up the stairs until he found the room that Lauralei and Tristan were in. It whined, standing on its hind legs and pawing at the edge of the bed, attempting several times to jump up onto the mattress before it finally got up there, curling up between the vampiress and werewolf, licking gently at Lauralei's wound before moving up and then licking at the blood on Tristan's body, as if trying to wash them both. The poor thing really was skinny, and when it should have weighed ten pounds or so, it only weighed four or five; it was just at the age of being weaned. After a few more soft whimpers, it curled up more tightly against Lauralei, where her wound was, gently resting its head off to the side of it. The vampiress was still unconcious, not disturbed by the young dog at all.

........................ * ... e l s e w h e r e ... * ........................

Raphael was horrified. When Lauralei had gotten shot, and he sensed it, he thought for sure that she would be dead, especially at how she acted afterwards. It didn't take long -- ten minutes at the absolute most -- for him to sense her body starting to heal itself, knowing that she was no longer outside. The male was taking care of her... good. But there was something else. Something not normal, that shouldn't be near her, and he couldn't pinpoint what it was. It was only there for a few seconds, and it vanished; the elder sensing a human there again. But before, it hadn't been a human. It had been a werewolf, usually the vampire's mortal enemy. When he finally put two and two together, the elder of the Council nearly had a hernia.

Alexander stepped inside, listening to Raphael shout and swear, tearing through several books. "What's gotten into you?" The blonde didn't slink back, or even blink at Raphael's outraged gaze. "The male, the one at the mansion - he's a bloody werewolf!" His voice rang throughout the room, and Alexander quietly shut the door, turning back to face him. "And this bothers you why? Obviously she's still alive -- even I can sense that -- and he helped her. He's not trying to shred her to pieces. What's the problem?" This was one of the reasons Raphael couldn't bear to be around Alexander for too long -- the blonde headed male had too much logic for his own good. He wasn't against anyone, or anything, until they did something to cause him to be against them. On the other hand, Raphael was always making assumptions by breeds, genders, or even looks -- it was all so frustrating to everyone, but at the same time, it did make sense. Werewolfs, clearly, should not be around vampires. They were uncontrollable, and they were dangerous. Their blood screamed to attack vampires; as a vampire's blood screamed to attack a werewolf. And Raphael couldn't figure out why Lauralei hadn't sensed that almost as soon as she set gaze upon the male that owned the mansion now, or why the male hadn't acted that way towards Lauralei. It was why he was tearing through the books, trying to get an answer -- but all of the answers were just simply unacceptable, legends and stories. It was absurd to think that one werewolf would ignore himself to be with someone that he had taken to, and it was the same with the vampire. If that was what was happening... Raphael just couldn't bear to accept the idea. "Alexander, I want you to keep an eye on her," he growled. "Make sure that everything stays completely normal between them. If he tries to hurt her... kill him." Alexander tensed at Raphael's words, but he nodded, and exited the room, leaving the completely-stressed Raphael to his own thoughts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]   

Back to top Go down

[ { * - ( ( M e m o r i e s ) ) - * } ]
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplay Haven :: Roleplaying :: Romance RP-
Jump to: